The home of winter swimming since 1929, the Bondi Beach pools, also known as the Bondi Icebergs, are actually open to vacationers all year round. The Bondi Iceberg pools are located at the southern end of Bondi Beach.
Perched on rocks, the surf crashes into the pools against the backdrop of the gorgeous Pacific ocean. Above the pool, a fully licensed clubhouse welcomes both resident members and guests. Visitors enjoy sweeping views over the pool and into the ocean while enjoying food and drinks on the club’s sunny balcony.
However, if you’re keen to take a swim, be warned – the water is cold! Temperatures peak at 22 – 25 degrees Celsius in February and are lower in July at 16 – 20 degrees Celsius. So while die-hard cold water swimmers jump in and enjoy the cold, visitors may want to invest in a light wetsuit.
While the waters can be brisk, we assure you that this is one travel destination you don’t want to miss, and today we’ll explain exactly why.
Bondi Beach is one of the world’s most famous beach destinations. You can visit and enjoy its beauty all year round. Flanked by sandstone headlands, the beach is famous for walking, whale watching, and golfing. Bondi Beach is located about 30 minutes from Town Hall Station, in Sydney NSW.
What Is There To Do In Bondi Beach?
Aside from the icebergs, an easy train or bus ride offers visitors a unique view, and they experience Australia’s easy-going beach culture. Bondi Beach boasts a destination full of picnics, cafes, bars, and restaurants. Bondi Beach is rich in history, and there are activities available for any age. Let’s take a look at some of the fun experiences you can enjoy during your visit.
- Discover Bondi Walking Tour – Offered by Let’s Go Surfing, this tour allows you to spend time with a lifesaver, learn how surf lifesaving began, and visit Australia’s oldest surf lifesaving club.
- Get Wet Tour – Offered by the same company, you enjoy a 1.5-hour tour with a guided swim between the red and yellow flags. Everything you need is provided UV rash vests, wetsuits, and sunblock.
- Campbell Parade – A popular dining location, you can enjoy vibrant cafes and bars overlooking the beach.
- Bondi Farmers Market and Bondi Markets – Enjoy shopping for fresh produce and local foods and clothing, handmade jewellry, retro furniture, vinyl records, vintage pieces, art, and more. These markets are a treasure trove of unique items for you to peruse.
- Restaurants and Dining – Throughout Bondi Beach, there are award-winning restaurants, cafes, and bars for you to choose from. Sean’s Panorama is at the northern end of Bondi Beach and boasts fresh and simple cuisine to enjoy all year round. The Icebergs Dining Room and Bar is on the south end of Bondi Beach, overlooking the Icebergs. This restaurant offers some of the best Italian food while providing epic views of the ocean.
Bondi Beach Icebergs Swimming & Sauna
The most popular activity in Bondi Beach is swimming in the refreshing water of the Icebergs, followed by a steamy warm-up in the Sauna. Open to the public all year round. The Bondi Beach Iceberg Club welcomes visitors from across the globe. They feature an Olympic-sized lap pool and a smaller kid’s pool. Qualified lifeguards monitor both during opening hours.
Bondi Beach residents enjoy the perks of a membership to the Icebergs, but the pools are open to the public for a daily admission fee of $7 for adults, and $5 for children. The affordable entry to the pools and sauna make this an experience you don’t want to miss!
What Makes Them So Popular?
Bondi Beach is one of the most famous and most visited beaches in the world. One major reason is that it is so close to the Sydney CBD – Australia’s largest city. Just a short 30 minute car ride gets you to Bondi Beach and the famous Bondi Icebergs. The beach itself has a 1km stretch of sand that provides space to cater to tens of thousands of visitors during the warm summer months.
The Bondi Beach Icebergs are the most photographed pool in the world. Fed directly by seawater and frequent waves crashing over the wall creates a lot of fun for swimmers. The weather in Sydney is temperate all year round. These temperatures make Bondi Beach and the Icebergs a great place to visit in summer or winter.
Make Your Visit Memorable
When you’re ready to make the trip to the Bondi Beach Icebergs, you’ll want a place to stay that provides a premium experience. Bondi 38 serviced apartments are designed to give you everything you need to feel completely at home. We offer the finest serviced apartments Sydney has to offer with amenities like keyless entry, air-conditioned rooms, complimentary Foxtel and Wi-Fi as well as a well-equipped kitchen.
Every apartment has been carefully designed and luxuriously appointed to give you the best possible experience during your stay. Bondi 38 offers competitive rates and flexible booking and cancellation options. We have everything you need to enjoy your stay and make the most of your holiday. Contact Bondi 38 today and reserve your apartment today!