Are you planning a trip to Australia? Perhaps you are considering visiting Sydney and Perth but aren’t sure of the distance between the two cities. In this article, we will discuss how far your journey from one city to the other would be, giving you essential travel information to ensure your travels Down Under go as smoothly as possible.
Sydney to Perth Driving Distance
Sydney is located on the southeast coast of Australia’s vast continent, while Perth is located on the southwest coast, about 2500 miles (approx. 4000 km) apart. However, traveling from somewhere like Bayside Sydney to Perth is relatively easy despite the great distance.
Sydney to Perth by train
The train journey from Sydney to Perth is an epic three-day and three-hour adventure covering a distance of approximately 3947 km. The train service is operated by Journey Beyond – Indian Pacific, and the train departs from Sydney Central Station before arriving in Perth.
While the service typically runs twice weekly, schedules may vary on weekends and holidays. Therefore, travelers should check in advance to ensure timely and accurate information regarding train schedules. With its stunning and ever-changing landscape, the journey from Sydney to Perth by train is an experience you surely do not want to miss.
These are 5 ways to get from Sydney to Perth by plane, train, bus, or car:
- A flight from Sydney (SYD) to Perth (PER) will take approximately 6 hours and 40 minutes.
- Train to Newcastle and then a flight to Perth (NTL-PER), which will take approximately 11 hours and 53 minutes.
- Train ride by Indian Pacific. The duration of this option is 3 days and 3 hours.
- You can opt for the bus and train combination, which requires three services and will take 3 days and 6 hours to reach Perth.
- Driving is also an option, covering a distance of 3934 km and taking approximately 40 hours and 53 minutes.
At present, Kingsford Smith Airport is the busiest airport in Sydney. It is located in the suburb of Mascot, approximately 8 km south of the Sydney central business district, and is an international airport. Its address is Sydney NSW 2020, Australia. In May 2017, the Federal Government made an announcement that it would finance the construction of another Sydney airport after the Sydney Airport Group declined the Government’s offer to undertake the project. The new airport is scheduled to be finished by 2026.
Sydney and New South Wales
Sydney, which is the most populous city in Australia, is also the state capital of New South Wales. As of December 2021, the population of New South Wales was over 8 million, making it the most populous state in Australia. Within the state, the Greater Sydney region has a population of 5.3 million people, which accounts for just about two-thirds of the state’s population.
10 Best Places to Visit in New South Wales
- Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Beaches
- Jervis Bay
- Bombo Quarry and Cathedral Rock, Kiama
- Figure 8 Pools, Royal National Park
- Wedding Cake Rock, Royal National Park
- Sea Cliff Bridge
- Old Helensburgh Train Station
- Hike In The Blue Mountains
- Cape Byron
It is one of three civilian airports within the Perth airport metropolitan area, the others being Jandakot Perth Airport and Rottnest Island Perth Airport. Besides the civilian airports, there are also two military airports within the Perth airport metropolitan area.
Which city is Western Australia?
Perth is both the capital and the largest city in Western Australia. It is situated on the estuary of the Swan River, which is located 12 miles (19 km) above its mouth and forms the inner harbour of the neighbouring city of Fremantle.
Top 20 Must-See Tourist Attractions in Western Australia:
- Ningaloo Reef: A stunning World Heritage-listed site in Western Australia known for its coral reef and diverse marine life.
- Valley of the Giants: A beautiful forest of towering tingle trees in southwestern Western Australia.
- The Pinnacles: This is a natural wonder located in Nambung National Park, characterised by thousands of limestone formations that rise from the sand.
- Bungle Bungle Range: A unique geological formation in Purnululu National Park, Western Australia, renowned for its striped sandstone domes.
- Western Australia Boorla Bardip: A museum in Perth that explores the state’s cultural and natural history.
- Kings Park: A popular urban park located in Perth with beautiful gardens, walking trails, and panoramic views of the city.
- Fremantle Prison: A former maximum-security prison in Western Australia that is now a popular tourist attraction.
- Rottnest Island: A stunning island off the coast of Western Australia known for its beautiful beaches and the adorable quokkas that inhabit it.
- Busselton Jetty: The longest timber jetty in the Southern Hemisphere, stretching almost 2 km into Geographe Bay.
- Wave Rock: A natural rock formation in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, shaped like a giant breaking ocean wave.
- Kalbarri National Park: A scenic park located in the Midwest region of Western Australia, with beautiful gorges, rock formations, and native wildlife.
- Karijini, Western Australia: A stunning park in the Pilbara region with deep gorges, crystal clear pools, and ancient rock formations.
- Albany’s Gap and Natural Bridge: These are beautiful coastal rock formations near Albany in Western Australia.
- Bluff Knoll: This is a mountain range in the Great Southern region of Western Australia, known for its spectacular wildflowers and hiking trails.
- Dolphins at Monkey Mia: A popular tourist destination in Shark Bay, where visitors can watch wild bottlenose dolphins swim up to the shore.
- Aboriginal rock art of the North West: This term actually refers to the ancient rock art found in Western Australia, created by the Indigenous peoples of the area.
- Horizontal Falls: This is a natural phenomenon in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, where ocean tides rush through narrow gaps between cliffs.
- Abrolhos Islands: This is a group of 122 islands located off the coast of Geraldton, Western Australia, renowned for its abundant marine life and shipwrecks.
- Lake Argyle: The largest artificial lake in Australia, located in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia.
- Mitchell Falls: A spectacular four-tiered waterfall in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, accessible only by foot, helicopter, or light aircraft.
Time Difference of Road Trip
The travel time from Sydney to Perth by road takes approximately 40 hours using the main highways. However, taking into account rest stops and sightseeing, the journey could take up to 5 or 6 days. Additionally, note that there is a time difference of 3 hours between Sydney and Perth, so it’s important to adjust your watch upon arrival in Perth.
Looking for a serviced apartment in Sydney near the beach?
Bondi 38 is your one-stop destination to stay and explore the best of what Sydney has to offer. Located just steps from the iconic Bondi Beach, Bondi 38 Serviced Apartment offers comfortable and stylish accommodation with all modern amenities. Enjoy breathtaking views from our wrap-around balcony, and have direct access to world-class cafes, restaurants, and bars only minutes away!
Bondi 38 is comfort redefined. With us, you can enjoy every moment of your stay – relaxing on the beach during summer or exploring famous sights like The Opera House or Harbour Bridge. Our fully equipped kitchens will ensure that preparing meals after a long day is stressless and easy. If pampering yourself is more your thing, you won’t have to look far as there are plenty of spa facilities within walking distance too!
Book your stay at Bondi 38 Serviced Apartment today!
Benefits of Choosing Bondi 38 Serviced Apartment?
Bondi38 Serviced Apartment is a great choice for anyone seeking comfortable and modern accommodation in Sydney. Our apartments and suites are spacious and well-equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay, including fully equipped kitchens, air-conditioning, tea/coffee makers, dining areas, daily room service, laundry facilities, WiFi, and digital TV. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that guests have an enjoyable and hassle-free stay, so you can relax and make the most of your time in Sydney.
One of the standout benefits of staying at Bondi38 Serviced Apartment is our prime location near some of Sydney’s most popular attractions. Bondi Beach and Coogee Beach are just a short distance away, so you can easily soak up the sun, surf, and sand. Additionally, the Bondi Markets are a must-visit destination for those interested in local arts, crafts, and food. Whether you’re travelling for business or leisure, you’ll appreciate the convenience of our location and the ability to explore all that Sydney has to offer.
At Bondi38, comfort is sure! Our property is designed to make your stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible, so you can enjoy your time in Sydney without any worries. So, whether you’re in town for a few days or a few weeks, Bondi38 Serviced Apartment is an excellent choice for your stay in Sydney.
Frequently Ask Questions About How Far from Sydney to Perth
Q: What is the shortest route between Sydney and Perth?
A: The shortest distance (air line) between Sydney and Perth is 2,044.59 mi (3,290.45 km).
Q: Where is Perth, Western Australia?
A: Perth is the capital and largest city of Western Australia. Perth has a population of 2 million and lies on the southwestern corner of the Australian continent. It is located at latitude -31.95°S, longitude 115.85°E.
Q: What is the Cheapest ride in Perth, Australia, and Sydney, Australia?
A: Flight services from Perth to Sydney are provided by Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and Tigerair. Depending on your travel dates, these airlines may have promotional offers or discounts available.
The road trip from Sydney to Perth is one of the most iconic in Australia. This journey will take you through the country’s most beautiful and varied scenery. Whether looking for beaches, wineries, forests, deserts, or cosmopolitan city life, you’ll find it all on this amazing drive.
Bondi 38 Serviced Apartments offer a luxurious and comfortable stay in the heart of Sydney. Our apartments are designed to provide guests with the ultimate experience in hospitality, from modern and stylish furnishings to the convenient amenities that make your stay as comfortable as possible. Located in the heart of the city, Bondi 38 is the perfect starting point for your adventures in Sydney.
When you’re ready to explore beyond the city limits, consider taking a road trip from Sydney to Perth. Our team is happy to provide recommendations on the best routes and stops along the way, so you can make the most of your journey. With Bondi 38 Serviced Apartments as your starting point, you’ll be able to enjoy all the comforts of home before embarking on your adventure. So start planning your road trip today and experience the best that Australia has to offer.