Wheelchair Accessible Accommodation in Sydney
If you, or anyone from your group, are traveling with limited mobility it can be difficult to find wheelchair accessible accommodation, although it should be made priority. Fortunately, you will find many options when it comes to accommodation in the Bondi Beach area that is developed with people who have limited mobility in mind. To help you in your search for the right accommodation, it is important to identify what features to look out for.
Bondi38.com.au is a wheelchair friendly accommodation option for those wanting to enjoy everything Bondi and Sydney has to offer.
How to Choose Wheelchair Accessible Accommodation
Finding accommodation with adapted facilities is easy when you know what to look for. But accessibility is not yet standardized so it is difficult to assume that certain facilities had been adapted for people with limited mobility. It is your responsibility to dig in closer to ensure that the facilities are indeed suited for your special needs, or those of wheelchair users. If you are looking for a place to stay in Bondi Beach, here are some factors to consider when booking:
• Check to see if they have designated handicapped parking in the location. While you might not necessarily be taking your own vehicle during this travel, this is one of the most basic facilities provided for disabled or wheelchair users.
• The apartment or hotel must have step-free access. Some disabled users, and especially wheelchair users, are unable to navigate a flight of stairs. A ramp or lift/access is therefore an essential facility that must be available in adapted accommodation for easy access into the property.
• An automated door opening is another important feature that would benefit wheelchair users. This will enable them to gain more independence in going in or out of the hotel room or apartment.
• An accessible washroom should be available, whether it is for common areas or in your hotel room. Ideally, rooms that are dedicated for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility should be located on the ground level.
• Safety features should also be provided within the apartment or in the comfort room. These safety features include, but are not limited to, the following: wider entry or door, mid-height light switches, maneuvering space on opposing sides of the bed, lever type door handle, lower hanging space (for the closet), grab bars (for the bathroom space), raised toilet, and wheeled shower chair, among others.
Searching for Wheelchair Accessible Accommodation Online
If you are choosing your accommodation for your next trip to Bondi Beach, you can start your search online. This will narrow down your options to ensure that you can select only from hotels or apartments that have wheelchair accessible features. If, for some reason, you cannot find information about wheelchair accessibility, it is best to contact the apartment or hotel directly. When booking, make sure that they are aware of your special needs and see if they are able to accommodate them.
With wheelchair accessibility becoming the new standard, Bondi 38 Serviced Apartments have made sure that every apartment unit caters to people with all kinds of needs. If you require extra needs due to a disability or if you are using wheelchair, you won’t need to worry. The Bondi 38 Serviced Apartments is wheelchair-accessible so you can maximize the features and facilities available. This will ensure that you will have a truly memorable stay while in Bondi Beach!