Ocean breezes, blue skies, and views that leave you breathless are just some of the sights and sounds you will experience when you take the Bondi to Coogee Walk, Sydney’s most iconic walking trail. Captivating natural landscapes and stunning vistas stretch the length of this popular attraction and tourist destination.
The Bondi to Coogee coastal walk is both for tourists and Sydneysiders alike. This “can’t miss” attraction in Sydney remains one of the most sought after trails and maintains its position at the top of many tourists “must see” lists when they visit Australia. Here’s why the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk is a sight you most definitely want to see when you are in Sydney.
How far is the walk and how long does it take?
Here’s all the info you need to begin the trail:
- Distance: The distance to walk the trail from Bondi beach to Coogee beach is around 6km (3.5 miles.)
- Time: The time it takes to walk the trail is around 2 to 3 hours, depending on stops and sightseeing.
- Difficulty: This walk is classified as an easy to moderate walk making it suitable for most ages and fitness levels.
- Starting Location: To start this trail, go to Notts Avenue located near the Bondi Icebergs.
- Terrain: The walk is paved, but does have some large sets of stairs that you will have to climb.
Tips BEFORE You Start Your Walk
- Check the weather before you start out. Tides, excessive heat and rain could all hinder your walk.
- Wear sunscreen. There is basically nothing between you and that beautiful Australian sun, so slap on the SPF and enjoy your day. Don’t forget to reapply every 2 hours. Wearing a hat is always a great choice to help combat the sun as well.
- Bring a reusable water bottle. The trail offers water stations along the way to fill up your bottles, which is very thoughtful and useful for long walks in the sun.
What You’ll See Along the Way
This iconic swimming club has been around since 1929 and boasts a museum, food and drink as well as gorgeous views of the beach and ocean from its outdoor pool.
MacKenzie’s Point is a rock outcrop that many flock to see whales between the months of May and October. The Humpback whale migration goes through this area every year.
This walk boasts not 1 but 4 beautiful and unique beaches along the way. In order they are:
- Tamarama Beach: small beach with stunning views.
- Bronte Beach: home of the Bronte Baths and features a large park to kick back and take a rest at.
- Clovelly Beach/Gordon’s Bay: long, sandy beach where you can see parakeets and parrots lounging in the trees (and most definitely hear them too!)
- Coogee Beach: the journey’s end and another local favorite. Make sure to check out the Coogee Pavilion while you are there!
- Sculpture By The Sea: The world’s largest outdoor, free to the public, yearly sculpture exhibit features 100 sculptures by artists from all over the world. This is a must see and can be seen on the walk from Bondi to Tamarama beaches.
Where to Park
As with all popular tourist destinations, parking can get tricky if you visit at the height of summer. You can park on the Bondi Beach front, the cost is high and the hours are limited. It can take some scouting, but you may be able to find free parking on one of the side streets near the beach. It can be incredibly busy, even early in the morning. Grab $8 AUD for every hour you expect to park and grab a closer spot.
It is highly recommended for you to leave your car at your home or hotel and to take the bus or ride-share to the beach. Public transport can be quite helpful and necessary when you are visiting during peak tourism months.
Adventure Right Outside Your Door
Stay close to the beauty of Bondi Beach at Bondi 38 Serviced Apartments! Our beachfront serviced apartments are your home away from home while you soak up the sun and enjoy the beach walk. Bondi 38 is the ideal place for any length of visit, as we offer luxury with an unparalleled location. Choose from studios, one or two bedroom serviced apartments that can accommodate any type of trip, be it adventure, romantic, business or a quick overnight stay.
Browse our gallery online and book your Bondi 38 serviced apartment today! With the list of activities (and amenities) a kilometre long, your stay with us will keep you right near the action during the day and comfortable at night. With Bondi Beach a stroll away, you can get up and start your day right on the beach. Are you ready for your front-row seat to beautiful Bondi Beach and all that it has to offer? Book your unforgettable experience now!