An Overview of Apartment Hotels in Sydney
When you travel to a popular destination such as Sydney, you can expect that accommodation is going to take up a significant part of your budget. If you want an accommodation with a great or central location, the cost of stay will go up even more. But with the changing demands in the tourism landscape of Sydney and more accommodation options available than ever before, such as apartment hotels, it seems that it is now possible to find great accommodation for less.
Apart Hotels vs. Hotels
An apartment hotel is a type of serviced apartment complex. It is often known as extended-stay hotel because it offers hotel-style booking but with amenities and services similar to an apartment. There are no fixed contracts like a regular apartment accommodation. You can “check out” of the apartment hotel any time you wish to.
Apartment hotel – a helpful definition: An apartment hotel is also known under the term apart’hotel and describes a fully furnished suite or apartment. … This gives you the service you are used to from a hotel, combined with the freedom that a holiday home offers
This is the major advantage of this type of accommodation. It takes the benefits of both types of accommodation and blended them into one practical solution. An apart hotel, therefore, enables you to enjoy lower accommodation costs as you would from hotels. But it can offer you the conveniences you’re looking for in a more spacious apartment.
Why Are Apartment Hotels Growing in Popularity?
Travelers are actively seeking alternative options when it comes to their travel accommodation. As travelers become more informed about their options, many are choosing apartment hotels for a variety of reasons. One reason for this is that hotels remain largely unchanged over the years.
On the flip side, the serviced apartments industry is constantly reinventing itself to compete with larger hotel chains. They are designed for long-term stays (from days to weeks) and they accommodate larger groups. Apartments do not impose limitations on the number of people staying in one unit whereas hotels are strict about this.
Apart from the aforementioned reasons, apartment hotels are becoming more popular because it reminds travelers of home. The comfort and conveniences make you feel like you are living in a home away from home.
Features of an Apartment Hotel
Leisure and business travelers are now choosing apartment hotel for their accommodation. It is a great place for those who are having an extended stay in Sydney but want to avoid the steep costs of nightly rates in a hotel. But what does an apartment hotel have to offer? What kind of amenities and services can you expect?
- 24-hour front desk – This is one of the similarities of hotels and apartment hotels: they both have 24-hour front desk services. Expect 24-hour service and assistance available at your disposal when you stay in apartments. The front desk personnel are not only trained to offer quality service to their guests, but they also have a wealth of knowledge about the local area. They can provide you with helpful tips and information if you are looking for a destination or want any recommendations
- Home comforts – This is one of the advantages that apart hotels have over traditional hotel rooms. You can expect a fully furnished space to call your home while traveling in Sydney. From entertainment to communication facilities, they are available when you need them
- Fully-equipped kitchen – One of the distinctive features about apart hotels is that they have a fully-equipped kitchen so you can cook your own meals. This is a great feature to exploit if you want to keep your travel budget low by preparing your own meals
- Privacy – Once you have booked an apartment hotel room, you can utilize that space however you want. You can relax or entertain in your own private space
- Plenty of room – Speaking of space, you can expect apartments to have more living space than traditional hotel rooms. Most suites or larger hotel rooms tend to be quite pricey. But with apartments, you can get the same space for less
Costs of Apartment Hotels vs. Hotels
The cost-effectiveness of apartment hotels is one of its most distinct advantages over hotels. In hotels, you are supposed to pay for a fixed nightly rate. This rate can also fluctuate depending on the season. For example, if you travel on peak seasons, the nightly room rates on a hotel can significantly go up.
But when you book an apartment, the rates are usually fixed throughout the year. You are also paying for the entire apartment, in comparison to hotels that charge per person (as most hotel rooms have a specified number of people allowed per room).
Needless to say, apartment hotels are a practical and economical choice of the two. This difference can become even more significant for travelers who intend to stay in Sydney for an extended period of time, such as a couple weeks or up to a month.